Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Ellitebook 8460p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

On Wednesday March 20th my system suddenly stopped communicating with Bluetooth devices. I posted a question on HP Community Forums/Notebook Wireless Networking, Bluetooth mouse stopped working, https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-mouse-stopped-working/m-p/7...

On Thursday I replaced the internal hard drive and restored the system from backup to the newly installed drive.  Today I am running HP Diagnostics on my system, so far it has scored 100%.  I wonder what caused the system to suddenly stop detecting Bluetooth devices it was paired with. 

I have the hard drive I was using when this happened and I can connect it externally with a USB cable or reinstall it internally, can someone help me diagnosis the cause of the problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Your post is not clear.

Are you still having problems after replacing the Hard Drive?

Wireless Adapters can pass diags but still not connect to anything.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.