Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hiya folks, I m having issues with 3 of 55 Elitebook 840 G1's
We have re-imaged 48 from the same USB stick but these 3 are proving troublesome.
At boot up we select the USB stick as we have with all the others, the process starts OK but we get a blank screen after about 10 seconds which lasts for about 10 seconds but then the laptop just boots to the previous image.
We have updated the BIOS on all 3, checked the BIOS settings against the others that we re-imaged OK re-imaged a few of the others a second time just to prove that the USB stick is still OK.
Any ideas or suggestions gratefully accepted.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

While not a solution, just for testing - I would disconnect the hard drive and then try to boot from the USB.  If it still cannot find the USB stick, then you know it has a BIOS problem.  If they (the Elitebook 840 G1) have a DVD drive you could try moving the image to a DVD.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

The laptops see the USB as a boot option and actually try and build from it but fail after about 15-20 seconds and then just boots to the old image (Windows 7) that is currently on the HDD.
We have run the onboard diagnostics for the HDD and it passes so I'm thinking there may be a setting in the BIOS that we have overlooked

HP Recommended

Interesting.  Can they run a regular install from the USB and it is just the image transfer that quits?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.