Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook 6570b
Linux

I am troubleshooting boot-up issues on my HP Probook 6570b.  I've been advised to update my UEFI.  Am I able to download the UEFI update file for my 6570b from another computer?  I also have an Elitebook 8560p. The 6570 is not currently booting into the OS.

Aaron  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Aaron_Peterson 

While @Fanordi is correct about the BIOS file, unfortunately for you, that file is a self-extracting archive file such that, when you RUN it, it expands into its constituent parts -- which are then used to do the BIOS update.

This file will NOT run on Linux, and even if you expand the parts, those parts still will not run on Linux.

You would basically have to create a bootable Windows USB stick, put the BIOS file onto that SB stick, boot your PC from that, and then run the BIOS update.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, if you have a computer running Windows, the update file for your Probook's BIOS is here: Download

You can download and run it for see if you can to create an USB key for make this upgrade, or check in your actual BIOS (F10 at boot) if you have an internal BIOS option for upgrade it. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

@Aaron_Peterson 

While @Fanordi is correct about the BIOS file, unfortunately for you, that file is a self-extracting archive file such that, when you RUN it, it expands into its constituent parts -- which are then used to do the BIOS update.

This file will NOT run on Linux, and even if you expand the parts, those parts still will not run on Linux.

You would basically have to create a bootable Windows USB stick, put the BIOS file onto that SB stick, boot your PC from that, and then run the BIOS update.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Fanordi & WAWood, thank you so much for your help resolving my problem!!!  I knew there HAD to be a solution. 

So yes, I'll make a Live Windows USB and use that file to update my UEFI and any other drivers (I assume) that I might need for my my particular model.

Thank you , also, for your contributions to the  HP community and average every-day users like me.  Over time manufacturers have had to reduce the technical support they offer to remain viable/profitable/competitive.  But for you, I would have had to pay a computer tech to resolve my problem.

Regards,

Aaron

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.