Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-cm0506sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys, this device is very basic. Id love to know if one way or another, i can upgrade the ssd? I know i can put an 8gb ram in it. But the ssd in it, is slow and very basic. The ssd is bottom left of photo

232ABF2F-848B-410E-9948-E4F1EB0AE9AA.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, there is no way to upgrade the 64 GB eMMC drive to anything better.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, there is no way to upgrade the 64 GB eMMC drive to anything better.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. Such a shame.

Do you know what 8GB ram stick ill need to buy to upgrade?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you are completely limited to the 64 GB eMMC drive and the only thing worse is that some notebooks only come with the 32 GB eMMC drive.

I have a HP Stream Pro notebook with a 64 GB eMMC drive and that thing is barely faster than a standard hard drive.

This would be a compatible 8 GB DDR4 memory chip for your notebook.

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT8G4SFRA266 | Crucial.com

You can buy that part number on Crucial, UK.

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT8G4SFRA266 | Crucial UK

HP Recommended

Awesome!!! 
whilst i have you i have another laptop with this ram (picture) i was going to buy another 8gb ram for it but now i wonder if that would work in the laptop first mentioned cm0506sa? And then i just need to buy a 16gb stick for my second laptop?

EC5BD375-F232-4A19-ACC5-A33940C7C83C.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that memory chip should work fine in your notebook.

Just make sure that your other notebook can support a 16 GB memory chip in each slot.

HP Recommended

Awesome thank you.

well i was going to buy an 8 for the notebook and 8 for my other laptop.

so now ill transfer the 8 into the notebook and just buy 1 16 stick for my other device. Much cheaper im thinking 😀

Can you recommend a good value 16 gb stick for a HP Elitebook 840 G5

687EB0A3-5845-4DF8-8835-BE5428ED2145.jpeg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'd go with this one since it is on sale.

Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT16G4SFRA32A | Crucial.com

Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT16G4SFRA32A | Crucial UK

It's going to run at 2400 MHz if your notebook has the Intel 8th gen core processor, 2133 MHz if a 7th gen.

HP Recommended

8th gen yes, fab

Notebook has been good since putting 8gb ram in.

its just that 64gb emmc is spiking way more than it should for basic tasks, any ideas?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is much you can do to improve the drive performance. 

I checked the box to turn off the write cache buffer in the drive properties setting in the device manager. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.