Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Wifi-6 Elitebook 1030 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Does anybody know if I can upgrade my Elitebook 1030 G1 to wifi-6?

Now it has wifi 5> Intel 8260 802.11 ac card.

Can I upgrade this with for instance with:

1. Intel Wifi 6 Ax200 vPro or Pro.

2. What is the difference between vPro and Pro?

Or other suggestions?

Many thanks for your feedback 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is a good question.

If your notebook does not have a BIOS whitelist, you should be able to upgrade to the AX200.

Since HP does not publish what model notebook haver or don't have whitelists, no one can say for sure.

Generally, most notebooks made in 2014 or later do not have BIOS whitelists with very few exceptions.

Difference between vPro and non-vPro...that is an Intel specification.

What Is the Intel vPro® Platform?

The easy way to check...If your notebook has an Intel vPro label on it, then it supports vPro hardware.

If not, then it doesn't.

I would suggest if you want to experiment with upgrading the wifi card, that you get this model...

The non-vPro card will work with a vPro PC, but not visa versa.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro 160 MHz PCI-e   HP part # L35282-005.

You can find this card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

HP EliteBook Folio 1030 G1 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is a good question.

If your notebook does not have a BIOS whitelist, you should be able to upgrade to the AX200.

Since HP does not publish what model notebook haver or don't have whitelists, no one can say for sure.

Generally, most notebooks made in 2014 or later do not have BIOS whitelists with very few exceptions.

Difference between vPro and non-vPro...that is an Intel specification.

What Is the Intel vPro® Platform?

The easy way to check...If your notebook has an Intel vPro label on it, then it supports vPro hardware.

If not, then it doesn't.

I would suggest if you want to experiment with upgrading the wifi card, that you get this model...

The non-vPro card will work with a vPro PC, but not visa versa.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro 160 MHz PCI-e   HP part # L35282-005.

You can find this card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

HP EliteBook Folio 1030 G1 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul, I will just give it a try

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know if the AX200 wifi card worked in your notebook.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, just to let you know that the 'Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 M.2 Non vPro wlan adapter' is working on my Elitebook 🙂

HP Recommended

That is great news!

Thanks for letting us know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.