PauliT
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

VT-d and VT-x not working, but set in BIOS

HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’m trying to get VT-x (and VT-d) to work on my HP ZBook 15 G4 (Intel Core i7-7820HQ). I saw discussion about similar case here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Intel-Virtualization-Technologies-VT-d-and-VT-x-not...

I’ve already done following tricks without luck:

• BIOS updated to latest version 01.18, 20.3.2018
  • Deep sleep turned off (BIOS)
  • Hyperthreading turned off (BIOS)
  • Of course, VTx and VTd turned on (BIOS)
  • Installed SP80322 (Conexant)
  • Installed newer version than sp81835 (Synaptics Touchpad)

But still regarding Intel Processor Identification Utility “Intel VT-X with Extended Page Tables” is “No” (and I cannot get Virtualbox working correctly).

intel.jpg

• Win10 cumulative update 1709 was installed before I started working with Virtualbox and these VTx/VTd-related things.
  • I’ve also tried tried to disable Hyper-V from cmd/PowerShell and also install/uninstall it to be sure that it has been uninstalled.
    • bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
    • Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All
    • dism.exe /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V-All

What I could try next?

2 REPLIES 2
SplungeGasket
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PauliT,

It probably doesn't make you feel any better but I'm suffering the same problem and did exactly as you did below.

I tried with the latest BIOS ... 01.22 Rev.A, Jun 12, 2018

I got this very nice workstation-class machine that I can't install VMs on - I tried with Virtualbox and VMWARE.

This makes it pretty useless for my purposes.

Any help, suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks!

Dan.

0 Kudos
John-Liu
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've the same issue. This is bothering me for a long time.

No way to install android emulator.

VT-x is certainly enabled in BIOS, however, intel processor information app shows it's not.

I also disabled Hyper-V in many different ways and restarted many times, didn't help.

So frustrating that such a high-end zbook has this kind of issue.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation