Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have just got a new HP Envy i7 laptop. The display is absolutely awful. Google pages or any web page looks faded a slightly out of focus. Even in apps like word and excel. The lighting in awful it’s worse than my cheap old laptop . I went into setting they is only one display option. I optimised the video playback and put on optimum picture quality and it has made no difference.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MunchkinK,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

Let's try these steps:

Step 1: Perform a Power Reset

• Refer to this document to perform a Power Reset on your Envy i7.
  • Turn on the PC and check the display.
  • If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Step 2: Adjust the display resolution

• To adjust the display resolution on a computer running Windows 10, use the following steps:

• Click Start, type resolution in the Search field, and then select Change the screen resolution from the search results.

• The Advanced Display Settings page opens. Click the arrow next to Resolution to open the list of display resolutions.

• Click the Recommended display resolution, then click Apply.

• Check the display.

Step 3: Update the graphics driver software

• Follow these steps to search for and install suggested driver updates using the Windows Update tool in Windows 10.

• In Windows, search for and open Windows Update.

• Click one of the following options, if presented, on the Windows Update window:

• Windows Update displays a list of available updates, including graphics driver updates. If updates are available to download, select any updates you want to download and click Install now.

The installation process could take several minutes, depending on the size and number of updates being downloaded.

• If no updates are currently listed, click Check for updates. If updates are available to download, select any updates you want to download including graphics driver updates. Then click Install now.

• Once the updates are installed, reboot the PC and check the display

Step 4: Download and install the latest BIOS and graphics drivers from HP

Many images and text quality issues can be resolved by installing updated graphics adapter device drivers and BIOS firmware.

See the following support documents for more information.

Click on this link for more information.

Let me know if this information helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.