Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15-ee0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Could somebody tell me what these 4 different types of warranties are?? Listed below

What do they mean? Does it mean my laptop is warranty for 2 years or 2 months?

1. Additional coverage

Warranty type

Bundled Warranty

Service type

HP Bundled Hardware Offsite Support

Status 

Active: Covered under extended warranty, 23 months remaining.

Start Date

January 11, 2021

End Date

February 09, 2023

Service Level

Standard Access to ITRC (HW)
Country Coverage
Std Office Hrs Std Office Days
Std Turn-Around
Pickup by HP
Standard Material Handling
No Special Coverage
HP ships to customer site

Deliverables

Hardware Problem Diagnosis
Offsite Support & Materials.

2. Additional coverage - Carepack

Warranty type

Carepack

Service type

HWM Offsite

Status 

Active: Covered under extended warranty, 22 months remaining.

Start Date

January 13, 2021

End Date

January 12, 2023

Service Level

Standard HW
Country Coverage
No Special Coverage
Delivery by HP
Customer Delivers
Standard Turn-Around-Time

Deliverables

Check for N-CSR Batt warranty

3. HP manufacturer/base warranty

Warranty type

Manufacturer Warranty

Service type

Wty: HP HW Maintenance Offsite Support

Status 

Active: Covered under Manufacturer warranty, 11 months remaining.

Start Date

January 11, 2021

End Date

February 09, 2022

Service Level

Global Coverage
Standard Parts Logistics
Customer delivers to RepairCtr
Std Turn-Around
No Usage Limitation
Customer Pickup at RepairCtr

Deliverables

4. Service type

Wty: HP Support for Initial Setup

Status 

Active: Covered under Manufacturer warranty, 2 months remaining.

Start Date

January 11, 2021

End Date

May 10, 2021

Service Level

NextAvail TechResource Remote
2 Hr Remote Response
Unlimited Named Callers

Deliverables

Initial Setup Assistance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am not sure what you purchased but if we assume that is is correct your warranty is for 2 years. It covers the services listed by you.

You have offsite warranty which means that if there is any hardware problem, HP or HP service representatives will arrange and pick up your device from your location, will deliver the computer to a repair location (HP authorized repair center), will diagnose and repair it (if needed) and will return it to your address.

You also have complimentary initial setup warranty, meaning that HP support representatives will help you for initial setup questions.

CarePacks are packages which either extend or update your warranty. There can be hundreds of different CarePack options, in your case it seems it is mostly for warranty extensions (+1y).

This is what it is in general. Things may vary by country and may depend on local laws.

Here are the full details of the warranty >> https://www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/limited_warranty.html

If you need in-warranty service, you can contact the local authorized service partners for your country >> https://www8.hp.com/emea_europe/en/default.html

Hope this helps !

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am not sure what you purchased but if we assume that is is correct your warranty is for 2 years. It covers the services listed by you.

You have offsite warranty which means that if there is any hardware problem, HP or HP service representatives will arrange and pick up your device from your location, will deliver the computer to a repair location (HP authorized repair center), will diagnose and repair it (if needed) and will return it to your address.

You also have complimentary initial setup warranty, meaning that HP support representatives will help you for initial setup questions.

CarePacks are packages which either extend or update your warranty. There can be hundreds of different CarePack options, in your case it seems it is mostly for warranty extensions (+1y).

This is what it is in general. Things may vary by country and may depend on local laws.

Here are the full details of the warranty >> https://www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/limited_warranty.html

If you need in-warranty service, you can contact the local authorized service partners for your country >> https://www8.hp.com/emea_europe/en/default.html

Hope this helps !

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thank you very much. Very helpful.

So, as my laptop serial nr. is XXX0530XXX. It means its manufacturer day is in the 53th week, 28-31 December 2020?

Its Warranty starts in all cases in 11.01.2021, this means that this laptop has been used from 11.01.2021?

I bought it on 16th March 2021. I wonder from 11.01.2021 to 16.03.2021, these 2 months it has been used?

As I bought it in 16 March 2021, why the warranty does not starts this date?

Getting confused!!!

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. Very helpful.

So, as my laptop serial nr. is XXX0530XXX. It means its manufacturer day is in the 53th week, 28-31 December 2020?

Its Warranty starts in all cases in 11.01.2021, this means that this laptop has been used from 11.01.2021?

I bought it on 16th March 2021. I wonder from 11.01.2021 to 16.03.2021, these 2 months it has been used?

As I bought it in 16 March 2021, why the warranty does not starts this date?

Getting confused!!!

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Why the number 1 and 2 the it is EXTENDED Warranty for 23 or 22 months remaining, and at 3 is manufacturer warranty 11 months remaining? And nr 4 is manufacturer warranty 2 months remaining?

HP Recommended

@Apodemus wrote:

>> No, this is the date where HP set it in its systems.

There is certain period from when a device is produced in factory until it reaches customers. Sometimes, it may be 1 months, sometimes it may be 6 moths until certain product is sold and reaches the final end user.

For example:

HP manufactured certain device in the beginning of Jan 2021, this product was purchased by some big tech store at the end of January 2021. It stayed with this big store until sold. You visited this store in March 2021 and decided to buy it. But you haven't purchased the product directly from HP, that is why you may see some difference in the web system.

>> No, nobody used your PC for 2 months if you received it in a closed box. Usually HP sets some date in the system as a start date and then the product is ready to be sold. If it was sold to some reseller or big tech store, it may have stayed there unused in a box for a while until you (as an end user) purchased/received it and really began using it. But what matters for real start of your warranty is your proof of purchase document (like invoice, warranty document, whatever you may have as per local law).

This actual start date/end date of warranty could be adjusted by HP Support staff. So if you purchased it on March 16th, that is your real warranty start date

Hi,

My reply for you is above inline in red.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

Now its very clear to me, and a relief.

All the best,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.