Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

i own an HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2 that i bought 2 years ago.

the keyboard stopped working (no damage occurred) so I checked the warranty status - and it said that I have 12months left for a bundled extended warranty, I took a picture of it at that moment.

I took it to the Locale HP lab (service provider) and the guy told me that I have no warranty. 

- I left the computer there for diagnostics and told the guy that according to the HP Support assistant and the Warranty checked I still have a warranty, I showed it to him and I took a picture of it.

I went back home and surprisingly the warranty status "updated" and It presented as expired.

what should I do in that case? I bought the laptop with 3 years warranty and I suppose to have another 11months to that.

- Can I require them to fix it since when I entered the lab I showed the guy the active status (and he took a picture of it)?

- Can I speak with HP and require them to extend my warranty?

Thank you in advance.

Attached - my "active" warranty (the picture I took).

- now it shows just the lower part without the upper - active part.

HPELBOOKG2.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @imaori 

Welcome back !

I see you were advised by @Dragon-Fur  to contact HP Support >source<. Did you actually contact them ?

HP support can check how your device was purchased with, the type of warranty ? Do you keep invoices, receipts, info about your purchase ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I Contacted them On social media and tried the chat. Both weren't useful at all. (The chat keeps telling me that I need to approach their locale service provider and on Facebook, they are telling me to contact them via chat).

Fortunately, the Service Provider succeed to get a permit to fix it for me from HP. 

HP Recommended

Based on the screenshots, you are entitled to an offsite support, meaning that if you encounter any issues that cannot be fixed via online or phone/web support, then HP sends somebody to pick your device and deliver it in HP repair facility. Your device gets tested and fixed there and is then returned to you.

It's good your service tech will repair it. If you experience any issues, please post back.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

currently, i am driving to the locale service provider every time i have a hardware issue. do you know if and how can i contact HP in order to ship the laptop to them in case of future issues? 

HP Recommended

@imaori wrote:

currently, i am driving to the locale service provider every time i have a hardware issue. do you know if and how can i contact HP in order to ship the laptop to them in case of future issues? 

Hi,

You need to contact the local HP Support team and they will arrange this for you. It all depends on the type of warranty your product has. Based on the screenshots provided above, it should have a "pick up by HP" option.

Here is a video for this >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7alIyHJMb6Y&t=0s

What to do if you need a repair for your HP computer in US & Canada Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:12 #HPHowToForYou; An Introduction by Steph and Bill 00:51 How to contact HP Support Online 02:20 Important Details for the Repair Process of your Unit 02:45 Things to do before sending your unit ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.