Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The hinge was weak when I bought it and so I was always gentle opening it. Guess what? -it snapped after the warranty expired!

After being driven insane by the “support” pages and virtual agents trying to ascertain my warranty info. I feel there is no other option than to inform the community of my experience in the hope they will decide against purchasing from HP in the future.

I merely opened the lid on my Envy and the stupidly designed rubbish just popped apart like it was held together with press studs.

it cannot be snapped back together because tiny pieces of brittle plastic (I ask you “what else would one choose for a part under so much stress?”) have broken, leaving the screen to bend agonisingly whenever it is opened and closed.

What annoys me most is how HP boast about their product design as if they were great at designing thin notebooks and then refuse to deal with major issues like this.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SmakBabbilyBoom

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.