Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello. I just bought my son the hp pavilion 15ck075nr as a Christmas gift for school about 2 weeks ago. I thought it was a new model. Now I see that it's been discontinued.  I'm worried that there are operating issues and that is the reason for it being discontinued.  Does anybody know?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes keep in mind these laptops are all assembled at a handful of factories in China and the same assembly lines turn out laptops with similar specifications for multiple OEMs. Every now and then there is a clunker model but we have had no rash of issues with this one here at the Forum and it appears to be a very mainstream type model with very tried and true components. HP only orders so many in a production run and if they are popular and sell out they don't make more. I hope your son continues to enjoy it for some time to come. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HP keeps the information like that pretty close to the vest but they are launching and discontinuing new models all the time so you can't read anything into it. It is a new model by the way being an 8th gen processor. 

HP Recommended

Thank you! Just wanted to be sure. Can't find any reviews online, but it was affordable. He likes it so far. I appreciate your quick response.

HP Recommended

Yes keep in mind these laptops are all assembled at a handful of factories in China and the same assembly lines turn out laptops with similar specifications for multiple OEMs. Every now and then there is a clunker model but we have had no rash of issues with this one here at the Forum and it appears to be a very mainstream type model with very tried and true components. HP only orders so many in a production run and if they are popular and sell out they don't make more. I hope your son continues to enjoy it for some time to come. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.