Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (134 Views)
Accepted Solution

Why did this laptop get discontinued?

Hello. I just bought my son the hp pavilion 15ck075nr as a Christmas gift for school about 2 weeks ago. I thought it was a new model. Now I see that it's been discontinued.  I'm worried that there are operating issues and that is the reason for it being discontinued.  Does anybody know?

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Why did this laptop get discontinued?

Yes keep in mind these laptops are all assembled at a handful of factories in China and the same assembly lines turn out laptops with similar specifications for multiple OEMs. Every now and then there is a clunker model but we have had no rash of issues with this one here at the Forum and it appears to be a very mainstream type model with very tried and true components. HP only orders so many in a production run and if they are popular and sell out they don't make more. I hope your son continues to enjoy it for some time to come. 

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (130 Views)

[ Edited ]

HP keeps the information like that pretty close to the vest but they are launching and discontinuing new models all the time so you can't read anything into it. It is a new model by the way being an 8th gen processor. 

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (117 Views)

Thank you! Just wanted to be sure. Can't find any reviews online, but it was affordable. He likes it so far. I appreciate your quick response.

Highlighted
Provost
Message 4 of 4 (112 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes keep in mind these laptops are all assembled at a handful of factories in China and the same assembly lines turn out laptops with similar specifications for multiple OEMs. Every now and then there is a clunker model but we have had no rash of issues with this one here at the Forum and it appears to be a very mainstream type model with very tried and true components. HP only orders so many in a production run and if they are popular and sell out they don't make more. I hope your son continues to enjoy it for some time to come. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation