Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 17 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why does the fingerprint login keep breaking with this fingerprinter hardware and win10?!

Now again it claims fingerprint not enrolled.

When it worked, login was really slow and often several retries. When checking with the hp software it works 100% almost instantly, but via windows login it mostly fails.

With smathphones, all finger print readers ive had, worked 100% of the time, and still the **bleep**ty finger print reader on samsung note 10, it works all the time and almost instantly. I have had phone where the fingerprint unlocks the same milisecond i barely touch the reader, but it takes forever on a hp?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

if you have used the HP client security manager s/w prior and now want to use Windows Hello, make sure you completely remove the HP CSM software, and reboot... then run HP Image Assistant to update the BIOS and drivers, including the embedded fingerprint sensor driver

make sure if you enabled HP CSM single sign on from the BIOS on to Windows, to remove that first

then register your fingerprint with Windows Hello authentication, and you should be good from then on

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.