cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Level 2
25 20 0 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Windows 10 v2004 Update Stalls at 61%, error 0xc19001e1

HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP ZBook 15 G5 laptop and finally got the notice that it was ready to update to Windows 10 v1909 to v2004. But the installation stalls at 61%.  Under Update History it shows "Last Failed Attempt, 0xc19001e1".  I tried some recommendations from the Microsoft support site here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-to-fix-feature-update-to-win... , specifically cleaning up the C: drive and starting/stopping the Windows Update Services.

None of those suggestions helped. I do see that there's a BIOS update for my Zbook, but I'm reluctant to try that without guidance from experts here. The last time I updated the BIOS (to v01.11.02), my HP Thunderbolt 3 dock stopped working and it took several days to figure out how to get it working again. 

Thanks for any help you can provide!

5 REPLIES 5
Level 8
Level 8
1,134 1,134 69 139
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Before you go any further, run HP Image Assistant and update the BIOS and all drivers and software it suggests, then try the update again

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why, oh why, must HP have multiple firmware/driver update utilities that produce different results?

And why can't you push these driver updates through Windows Update?

I've run HP Support Assistant multiple times, and last time it updated some drivers, where ~1 month ago.

Last ran in 1 minutes ago, and it says. "No updates available".

BUT when I run HP Image Assistant it says there are a number of drivers that needs to be updated. And surprise, surprise, also the HP Support Assistant needs a "critical" upgrade. Why couldn't the HP Support Assistant tell me that itself?

You aren't making life easy for us HP owners!

Marcus Nilsson

HP Elitebook/ZBook owner for 12 years

0 Kudos
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

👿

Downloading "HP Support Assistant 9.6.587.0" throught the HP Image Assistant, sp101214, and installs it.

BUT, it still installs 8.8.34.31 !!!

Seems sp101214 comes with both versions (you see these two folders if you expand the softpaq), and god knows how it decides which version to install.

So there is now way of upgrading this "critical update", since the latest version still installs the old one.

You certainly aren't making life easy for us HP owners!

0 Kudos
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Even though HP Image Assistant updated these drivers (with status "Pass"):

- HP Wireless Button Driver

- Synaptics WBF Fingerprint Driver

- Intel NIC Driver

- Intel Video Driver and Control Panel

Windows Update to 20H2 still gets stuck at "Installing - 61%"

I then ran another pass with HP Image Assistant which reveals:

- Synaptics driver didn't install - warns again about old driver

- Intel NIC Driver didn't install - warns again about old driver

Trying to manually install the Intel NIC driver through Device Manager - Update driver -> Browse my computer for driver software, says that best drivers are already installed. So seems softpaq 100940 doesn't contain correct driver for my system, although HP Image assistant specified it, and release notes says so: "HP ZBook Studio G3 Mobile Workstation".

Device Manager says that driver version for Synaptics WBF Fingerprint Driver is 4.5.701.0, but HP Image Assistant says current version is 4.5.701.0 and still needs update!

Trying to manually install it using install.cmd from Softpaq folder doesn't make any difference.

Trying to manually install the Synaptics Fingerprint driver through Device Manager - Update driver -> Browse my computer for driver software, says that best drivers are already installed.

Yikes, you aren't making life easy for us HP owners.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 2
25 20 0 2
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for that information, @Marcus_Nilsson

Seems I'm not alone! 

It's taken a long time for Windows Update to tell me that my ZBook G5 was now ready for v2004. I thought the only issue holding things up was the Connexant driver problem. Keep us posted if you get it to update.

Jim

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation