Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will my ZBook 15 G5 ever be ready for the Windows 10 v2004 update?  I see now that Windows 10 v20H2 has been released.  My Zbook currently has Windows 10 v1909. 

Microsoft Knowledge Base Windows 10 Update Status indicates that the update is on "compatibility hold" due to an issue with the Conexant ISST Audio Driver, specifically uci64a231.dll and a file version lower than 7.231.3.0.  My Zbook has that file at version 7.231.3.0.  (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004#417msgdesc )

Yet the "HP Products Tested with Windows 10" (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282 ) indicates that my Zbook 15G5 has "Compatible Driver Support" for both Windows 10 v2004 and v20H2.  What does that mean?  Should I just be patient and wait for Windows Update to decide that my Zbook is ready for an update, or should I manually update a specific driver?

I'm not necessarily dying for this update, but I don't want to get stuck with an unsupported version of Windows. Thanks for any help you can provide!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@JimLitz 

I upgraded my machine to 20H2 two weeks ago and no problem so far, specially with Conexant ISST Audio Driver/software. You can install new software (dated September 24, 2020) if required:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110234.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks!

Do you have a Zbook 15 G5?

I will install that Conexant HD Audio Driver and see if Windows Update is happy. 

HP Recommended

@Banhien, which model of HP do you have? This question is specifically around the HP Zbook 15 G5.

I've updated the Connexant driver through Windows Update, through the link you provided, and even (a while back) from the Connexant website and none of these work. The driver version is in the 9s and the Windows article says the troublesome drivers are numbered in the 7s.

So sadly, there still doesn't seem to be an HP or MSFT blessed way to do the install other than through Media Creation Tool or other workarounds.

Can anyone from HP speak to this? Key functionality like Windows Subsystem for Linux 2.0 are not available among other important updates. $2,500 workstation laptops should not be ignored and relegated to 2 version lateness.

HP Recommended

I did the recommended drive update.  My Zbook Conexant ISST Audio Driver. The relevant driver mentioned in the Microsoft support articles, uci64a231.dll was updated from 7.231.3.0 to 7.231.4.0. I'm still waiting to see if I'll now be prompted to update to the latest Windows 10 versions. 

HP Recommended

Jim, I've tried all of the various permutations and combinations for over a month now and no avail. If I get bold I may try with the media creation tool but only after a full backup.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.