Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 15G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a brand-new ZBook 15G5. I ordered it with an LTE Option, and it was delivered with the LTE 4132 Module from HP. I installed the module in the ZBook. Antenna cables etc. are in place and connected - also the slot for the SIM-card.

But when I start up the computer, I get the following Error Message:

Wireless Module not supported

The system has detected a Wireless module installed in the system is not supported and has been disabled

WWAN Module ID (703)

POWER BUTTON - Power off

ENTER - Continue

After pressing ENTER, the system boots up, but as you can expect, the LTE module is not available.

I have just updated to the newest firmware (1.06.00,  Q78)

Any ideas, HP ?

Thanks, Rainer

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello

if the BIOS of your mobile workstation is Q78, it's a zbook 15u G5 , not a zbook 15 G5. 

in any case both support LTE 4132, according to the qucik specs of such products.

could you please attach a picture of the LTE 4132 module ?

bye

HP Recommended

Yes, you are right, it is a 15u G5 (Product Number 2ZC06EA#ABD). The Modem was originaly packed and sealed by HP and delivered together with the additional RAM and the computer. I'm currently 'on the road', I will open the notebook and shoot a picture of the card as soon as I'm back home.

Thanks

Rainer

HP Recommended

Hi,

I may now look a bit silly: Both the invoice and the packaging of the modem said LT4132, but the label says LT4120. 

The situation has changed a bit: I activated the WWAN Option in the BIOS-settings. Now I can use the modem after a cold boot, but the error message still persists. After a warm boot (e.g. Soft-off, sleeping) the modem disappears.

Here is the picture:

20190307_142850.jpg

Still hoping for a solution...

Rainer

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have some more 'news': I've looked for and found the package of the modem, and the package also says lt4120. - OK, my mistake.

And then I did some research: Looking into the (german) HP-Shop, I found both LT4120 and LT4132. In the compatibility list of the 4132 , you'll find the exact Product code of my machine, in the list of the LT4120 not.

When looking at the Quickspecs of the zBook, I found the LT4120 in version 1 from 07 Feb. 2018 (Page 28). In the newest Version 10 from  23 Jan 2019 that modem disappeared. I just spoke with the dealer I got my Computer from and he offered me to exchange the LT4120 for a LT4132.

I would prefer to keep the LT4120, as it has more available LTE bands and is capable to connect to North Ameican networks like Verizon, for my next travel to US. 

And I don't understand why HP blocks this device for my computer.  It only has a bit more max prower consuption , but the same dimensions and connectors as the LT4132.

Rainer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.