Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My laptop is suffering from the same critical problem described very well in https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/High-CPU-Usage-System-ACPI-sys-GPE-L6F-Storm-Omen-15-..., where the system-process uses up 100 % of CPU 2 and 50 % of CPU 0 time (while the computer is idle).

The process always starts a few minutes after booting the system, and nothing has helped. I have updated the BIOS to Q70 Ver. 01.08.01. Others have found that this issue seems to be in the firmware and only HP can fix it. I am creating a new thread to let HP know there are more of us affected, because it is not possible to reply to the one I linked.

Please HP, can you let us know if you are looking into this issue and when can we expect a solution? Frankly I think it is unacceptable that high-end laptops would have to suffer from such critical firmware issues for long periods of time. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Could someone from HP please comment on whether the issue is being looked at or ignored?

HP Recommended

I recently updated the BIOS to Q70 Ver. 01.09.01. No change, and no news from HP. The computer is still being drained of battery, computing power, and life expectancy by the constant system interrupts from ACPI.sys. Also due to the high processor usage the cooling fan is constantly on.

All I can say is the customer support from HP has been nothing short of amazing and I have to thank HP for acknowledging this critical issue and providing a fix without delay.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.