1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ZBook 15 G5 system/ACPI.sys high CPU usage

ZBook 15 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My laptop is suffering from the same critical problem described very well in https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/High-CPU-Usage-System-ACPI-sys-GPE-L6F-Storm-Omen-15-..., where the system-process uses up 100 % of CPU 2 and 50 % of CPU 0 time (while the computer is idle).

The process always starts a few minutes after booting the system, and nothing has helped. I have updated the BIOS to Q70 Ver. 01.08.01. Others have found that this issue seems to be in the firmware and only HP can fix it. I am creating a new thread to let HP know there are more of us affected, because it is not possible to reply to the one I linked.

Please HP, can you let us know if you are looking into this issue and when can we expect a solution? Frankly I think it is unacceptable that high-end laptops would have to suffer from such critical firmware issues for long periods of time. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation