Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook Studio G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks,

I just received my new Zbook studio G5, all is fine except that PrntScr, Insert & Del keys aren't working. Can't activate them neither with or without Fn pressed.

That's strange because it's a french keyboard layout so I've a Suppr (Del) key and a delete one, the later works fine.

Looking at the docs, it says that these are supposed have pictograms related to skype/lync management keys but that's not the case.

Does anybody knows how to use them. I've chosen the model partly based on the keyboard and not having the Insert key is a no-go for my daily use...

Regards

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Seriously HP? No answer to this? You ship an unusable keyboard on a $2000 computer and no support? nothing?

The only alternative I found is to use Fn+E to "emulate" insert key, that's a pain in the ass

HP Recommended

The PntScr is supposed to work with Fn key. Del key shoudl be working only with the key. As far as I know, ZBook Studio G5 doe snot have inser key.

The factory has the process to check the keys. With these problems, the system cannot ship. It may happend during the tranpostation. You can check it with F2 Diagnostics first and check it (try to add password) in F10 Setup. This will filter the problem with Widnows OS image.

If the same problem happens under non-Windows OS environment, please cal HP Support. There is a high possiblity that there is a faulty hardware.

I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.

HP Recommended

> The PntScr is supposed to work with Fn key. Del key shoudl be working only with the key. As far as I know, ZBook Studio G5 doe snot have inser key.

Delete works, Suppr (french version of delete) doesn't, neither insert nor PrntScr. With or without Fn the keycode is the same. I bet there is a software bug preventing the second (non collaboration-keyboard) keycode to function. The only way I managed to get an Inser it through Fn + E… very convenient

It does have an insert key, if you look at https://store.hp.com/FranceStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=2ZC51ET&opt=ABF&sel=NTB it replaces the phone control keys you can see on top of backspace.

> The factory has the process to check the keys. With these problems, the system cannot ship. It may happend during the tranpostation. You can check it with F2 Diagnostics first and check it (try to add password) in F10 Setup. This will filter the problem with Widnows OS image.

Keys work, I've a three bytes keycode when I dumbly but an onkeydown listener in an html document. Nobody seems to have taken care of testing if they were actually performing the action written on it it seem.

> If the same problem happens under non-Windows OS environment, please cal HP Support. There is a high possiblity that there is a faulty hardware.

IMHO this is purely software, smells like unfinished firmware to ship the model to the market, customers will handle the issues.

HP Recommended

Can you provide the actual photo of the keyboard?

As everyone noted - PrtScr works with function key only, Insert is Fn+E even on my ZBook 15 G5, PrtScr is Fn+RShift

HP Recommended

> As everyone noted - PrtScr works with function key only, Insert is Fn+E even on my ZBook 15 G5, PrtScr is Fn+RShift

So the dedicated keys are purely decorative? That's the best $2000 joke I ever seen

Skeyboard.jpg
HP Recommended

imp écr = screen sharing in Cisco UCS / SfB

Inser (NOT Insert) = Answer key for collaboration function

suppr = Hang up for collaboration function

As noted by user manual

Pause - Fn+W

Insert - Fn+E

PrtScr - Fn+RShift

There is nothing decorative about these keys (apart from your hostile behaviour), you just thought that inser key is the insert key, it is not.

HP Recommended

> There is nothing decorative about these keys (apart from your hostile behaviour), you just thought that inser key is the insert key, it is not.

Inser is the french label for insert

Suppr is the french label for del

Imp écr is the french label for PrntScreen

You obviously don't know what you're talking about

So YES the keys are supposed to be insert/del/prntscr and YES they're not working as they should be. Moreover there are LEDs on it, meaning they should work differently when Fn is used or locked, and there is no way to light up these LED

I think I'm in the right to be in an hostile behavior when things don't work as they should be on a $2000 laptop and there is NO WAY to get support from HP (“no support for your country and model”)

HP Recommended

SAME PROBLEM IN ITALY!!!

We have "Insr" , "Stamp", "Canc"... And they doesn't work!!

PLEASE HP GIVE US A SOFTWARE FIX FOR THIS 2000$ LAPTOP

HP Recommended

Glad to see that I'm not the onlyone 🙂

Anyway HP support seems to stop right after shipping since when I click on Support in "HP Support Assistant" I only get a "no contact option availabel for this device on this location."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.