Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I don't know about CIPuyleart. I am working with the HP engineers. The tier 2 support has been responsive and helpful. To start they will want to go over all of your bios/firmware versions and software information. I had to send in my information from the ImageDIags tool.

If you have not already, I recommend contacting the Workstation support line.

HP Recommended

Hey,

There's a support document here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05060909

There's a whitepaper here: http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA6-5088ENW

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
I had a phone call (after about six unsuccessful rounds of things to try over email) from HP support Monday. We went through BIOS settings, and there were settings that I didn't have, so they had me run ImageDiags and send that on to elevate to the next level. Haven't heard anything more since then...Not holding my breath either.

I'm sure eventually it'll get sorted out, but it is sure painful in the meantime. If I even plug the dock in to test something, I'm about three to five reboot cycles after I remove it again before everything quits having weird issues.

Seems like every other day I'm scouring the support site and SoftPaq downloader for new drivers or updates, but nothing there had helped either.
HP Recommended
I've seen that document and tried all those things in about every possible order without luck. I still end up with all my USB ports not functioning, lock-ups when trying to reboot or shutdown, and unknown devices in the device manager.
HP Recommended

Understood.  It sounds like you are engaged with our engineers/2LS already.  I just wanted to put those links out there for others that find the thread and have more common issues.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

If the person on the phone elevated to the next level, then it would go to guys who work in my lab.
I'll inquire with them. (The nice thing about the different levels of  Workstation support is that we are all in one place. 🙂 )

IM your case number to me and I'll dig around to get it moving.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

Thanks to you and Wes for your replies.  I've sent a PM to iMaxx with my case number.

HP Recommended

Scott - the SP's you reference for BIOS and for Thunderbolt Firmware Update are specific to the ZBook Studio, and aren't compatible with ZBook 17 G3.  I've actually been sent links to those by T1 support and had it throw errors that they weren't for the hardware I have.

All the rest of those SP's I know I've got in place and on.

thanks for the post.

HP Recommended

I am having a similar issue, commenting for future updates.

My dock never caused a crash but did spontaneously stop passing anything except power to the laptop.

Following the advice in this thread and the troubleshooting guide I attempted to verify the BIOS settings and do a hard reset. However after exiting the BIOS (without making any changes) my workstation will no longer boot at all, the fan spins up to full speed and it just sits there. I have started my own thread but if HP is monitoring this one it may help to know that these docks don't appear to be working right.

I also have a Zbook 17 G3 and a 200w TB3 dock.

HP Recommended

Has this been resolved?

I seem to be having the same issue on 2 HP Zbook 15 g3's and the 200w hp thunderbolt 3 dockingstation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.