Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook 17 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Hp and others,

Thank you for your time.

I have a display issue on our zbook laptops for the company I work for. I know the issue is not the display due to testing on many displays and laptops. it seems that the dock cuts off the display port output when pluged in. we finally made the move to windows 10 and this new issue has cause us a have some users to only have a two of there three displays functioning. this only happens when the laptop is connected to the dock. We need the third display port attached to the dock for some users so just disconnecting from the dock will only work for about half the users. I believe that there is a firmware update for these docks as I have seen other with this issue resolve it with a firmware update. however I have been unable to find that update. if anyone has a link to a hp download then I would be in your dept. 

Thank, I hope to hear from you soon

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The ZBook 17 G2 uses an OLD docking station that has been out of production for many years... it is very unlikely there will be updated f/w available for it... Be aware Windows 10/2004 will be the last version update, according to our support page: HP Products Tested with Windows 10 | HP® Customer Support

I would run HP Image Assistant on the unit to make sure the latest drivers and BIOS are installed

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi, Pcgrubb.

There are some information missing in your post. Eg.: product number of Dock G2.

Anyway I try to help you.

From this page you can find software for update firmware at the latest version available.

Please, tell me if this is what you are searching.

Have a good day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.