Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm a regular programmer and I use the combination of shift+fn and arrows to select or mark code very often. But since fn lock is on the same left shift key, this messes up the whole process and switches to enable or disable fn lock and making my key actions useless. so I'm unable to do marking properly, unless I press the shift key first and sfter some time 1 or 2 seconds press the rest of the keys, which makes my typing and coding much slower.

Is the anyway to completely dsiable fn lock?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Greetings!!

I would suggest you to try the below Combination keys.

FN + LEFT SHIFT KEY.

And it should Disable the FN key.

Regards,

Phinny JT

HP Technical Engineer

"I am an HP Employee"

Click Kudos or Like if it has helped you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.