Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn0000
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Sir

I have a display issue on my laptop.

The screen starts flickering after I boot my system. After say a few minutes the display goes off and after some time it comes back. I connected my laptop with another monitor, it is clear no flickering in a newly connected monitor.

I tried the routine BIOS procedure. it still did not help. The problem continues.

is it a software issue or a hardware issue. Should we reset windows after taking a back up?

pl guide

Regards

SSYM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi SSYM

Since the screen starts flickering after you boot and after few minutes the display goes off and after some time it comes back.

Also check if the display flickers when the Display Lid is moved.

It could be an issue with the Display cables as there is display on the external screen

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

Regards,
Karthik Nataraj

I am an HP employee.
I'm speaking on my behalf only and I'm not speaking for HP.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi SSYM

Since the screen starts flickering after you boot and after few minutes the display goes off and after some time it comes back.

Also check if the display flickers when the Display Lid is moved.

It could be an issue with the Display cables as there is display on the external screen

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

Regards,
Karthik Nataraj

I am an HP employee.
I'm speaking on my behalf only and I'm not speaking for HP.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

HP Recommended

Sir

Thank you for your kind reply.

Since my laptop is under warranty nobody is keen to assist me and more so during these lockdown phases. I live in Thiruvanmiyur.

I am struck with the problem and unable to know what to do.

If you can guide further it would be helpful to me.

Thank you once again.

SSYM 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.