Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
hp spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi , 

i have hp spectre X360 when i did windows upgrade my keyboard light not working even if i press F5 please advise

Thanks 

mohammed 

[edited]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@shanata

Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

• To check whether your particular model has a backlit keyboard, check the F5 key to see if the backlit keyboard key  is present.

• To turn the keyboard backlight on or off, press the F5  key.

You could try one of the following methods depending on your model, to turn the backlit keyboard on or off.

• If the spacebar has a keyboard icon on the left side, press and hold the Function key (Fn) and then tap the space bar one time.

• Press the F12 key.

• Press the F5 key.

• Press the special key dedicated to turning the backlight on and off.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.