Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp elitebook folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

how to remove this ?

WhatsApp Image 2017-06-24 at 11.12.30.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Sigid

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Note that I merged your posts into once single thread so that we keep it all in once place.

Re your issue - based on the picture I cannot be 100% sure which causes it but for sure it is from the Security settings in BIOS or from HP Client Security Manager application (one of these two for sure).

If you can login in this screen via fingerprint or via password and if Windows can load to desktop, you can disable this preboot screen by:

1. Opening HP Client Security Manager

2. Click on the wheel icon

3. Security features

4. *uncheck* power on authentication

Save the changes and exit

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

- If you can login to the BIOS (Esc ad F10 during startup), go to "Security" tab

Use the option to reset the User and Admin settings to default levels.

Save the changes and exit BIOS

- If you cannot login to the BIOS (Esc ad F10 during startup), you will have to contact HP Business Support for assistance on removing the password and reseting the security settings to default.

Here is how:

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

>> https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

HP Business support should be able to send you a customised SMC.bin file and instructions which you can use  to reset the password and security settings. Note that assistance for such issues is usually free of charge for HP business class computers.

Hope this helps. Please, mark the post as a solution if it helped.

If you face difficulties, please let me know

Let me know if you face any difficulties.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

how to remove this ?user id

HP Recommended

Hello @Sigid

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Note that I merged your posts into once single thread so that we keep it all in once place.

Re your issue - based on the picture I cannot be 100% sure which causes it but for sure it is from the Security settings in BIOS or from HP Client Security Manager application (one of these two for sure).

If you can login in this screen via fingerprint or via password and if Windows can load to desktop, you can disable this preboot screen by:

1. Opening HP Client Security Manager

2. Click on the wheel icon

3. Security features

4. *uncheck* power on authentication

Save the changes and exit

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

- If you can login to the BIOS (Esc ad F10 during startup), go to "Security" tab

Use the option to reset the User and Admin settings to default levels.

Save the changes and exit BIOS

- If you cannot login to the BIOS (Esc ad F10 during startup), you will have to contact HP Business Support for assistance on removing the password and reseting the security settings to default.

Here is how:

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

>> https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

HP Business support should be able to send you a customised SMC.bin file and instructions which you can use  to reset the password and security settings. Note that assistance for such issues is usually free of charge for HP business class computers.

Hope this helps. Please, mark the post as a solution if it helped.

If you face difficulties, please let me know

Let me know if you face any difficulties.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

thanks for you answer, it fix my problem.. thanks..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.