Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Zbook Studio x360 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my company we have deployed around 50 HP zBook Studio x360 G5 for R&D offices and factory, used for 3D CAD, compiling and other heavy stuff as desktop replacement. CPU Xeon e-2176m and 32gb ram.

Is a nightmare.

Frequent BSOD from the beginning and also now.

Root cause: the CPU temps goes to 100° Celsius very easily, measured with HWmonitor.

Many calls to HP,  mainboards changed by HP, no definitive solution.

We assume that is a defective and bad design of this product. It has been developed light and powerful to do a great consumer/shop presentation, but when you have to use for real work and critical purposes every day, it shows all the poorly and bad technical design. It seems a machine for home\personal consumer not for professionals, despite the high cost.

When we used the good old DELL laptop (7510 or old 4800, more heavy of course) this never happened.

Even the bios 01.10 not solve.

We have lose hope, also because we see that are many people with this issue and the reply of HP are: update bios, update drivers, do the diagnostics, reinstall OS... and the CPU goes to 100°c even if you open Chrome...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Mario, I have the same problem. I already installed, reinstalled windows, drivers and bios and nothing solved the problem. I notice that when stopping, windows presents some problem with the audio. The audio fails and windows stops responding. Did you notice anything like this?

My notebook's temperature dropped slightly with the installation of the processor firmware. However, this did not prevent windows from crashing.

Fraga
HP Recommended

This solve the issue on Zbook no audio, root of the problem is Windows Audio Service not start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-service-doesnt-started-with-erro...

HP Recommended

Hi, I think Zbook has a thermal design not enough for the power of the machine especially if you put a 1tb hard disk and 32gb of ram and works 12 hours on complex system CAD... I suspect the only solution is a firmware that reduce the throttle of the system... no good, but at least it improves reliability.

We hope in an HP intervention with a future update 🙂

HP Recommended

Yes, I don't know what to try anymore. I have observed all the error events. My notebook is with 2TB and 32 GB and I use Revit, working with it, related software and application development for Revit. I bought this notebook to have power and mobility. But I am very disappointed. It crashes every day. I can't trust him, when I lose the mouse pointer, I think it will hang up.

I already suspected everything on this notebook. Video, Audio, Processor, etc. And now I'm wary of the internet adapter. But I no longer have any hope for improvement, the problem must be hardware, as you said.Anotação 2020-04-28 104234.png

Fraga
HP Recommended

I think you can contact HP Support for a motherboard replacement, but before, I suggest to run a long memtest (some hours) maybe is ram defective

HP Recommended

This is another problem that I have to solve. I bought the notebook in NY when I went on a tour in July 2019. I live in Brazil, I didn't know that the Brazilian HP was not going to cover the warranty. I would have to go to the USA for me to get support.

Fraga
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.