Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp z600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i can't boot, it display replace the board battery, i do this the message still persist

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I already tried to press f10 key when I turn on my desktop and release it, the bios setup not appear, and message persist.

Thank you... 

HP Recommended

shutdown computer

power on computer and immediately start tapping F10 quickly

continue tapping F10 key till "SETUP" msg shown in lower right, system will now enter bios after basic system checks 

HP Recommended

Already do this, several times but bios setup never start.

20210207_202040_Film1.jpg

HP Recommended

make sure the cmos battery is a KNOWN GOOD BATTERY using a voltmeter

a good battery will show 2.8v anything lower is a bad battery

HP Recommended

I don't have a multimeter, but I put a new battery on the motherboardboar

HP Recommended

no, you put a untested battery that you are assuming is good

error 162 is because you are either not saving the bios changes before exiting the bios or the battery/battery circuit is bad

Using the Computer Setup (F10) Utility to Reset CMOS

To reset CMOS using the Computer Setup (F10) Utility:
Access the Computer Setup (F10) Utility menu.

When the Computer Setup message appears in the lower-right corner of the screen, press F10,
and then press   Enter to bypass the title screen, if necessary
If you do not press  F10 while the message is displayed, the workstation must be restarted to access this utility.

From the Computer Setup (F10) Utility menu, select File>Default Setup.
This restores the settings that include boot sequence order and other factory settings. However, it
does not force hardware rediscovery.

Choose Restore Factory Settings as Default, and the press  F10 to accept

HP Recommended

I've already change the battery to a new battery, still same msg.

HP Recommended

When I start the pc, i press the f10 key to enter in the setup menu, but I press the f10 key it cannot enter into the setup, until give the screen above.

HP Recommended

replace keyboard

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.