Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
8300 Elite
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've got a weird behaviour here with a 8300 Elite after I updated the Bios from very old V2.57 via V2.99 to the recent V3.08: It no longer starts from DVD or USB.

I tried all settings in question (Legacy on, Quick Boot and Secure Boot off, Boot from removable devices on....)
and even reset the bios with the physical button on the system board.

Windows 7 works fine, but strangely enough since the update the boot animation is completely gone.
During the boot only a short line (a bit longer as a cursor) is displayed.

Has anyone noticed anything similar?

Thank you,
greetings

Martin

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

set bios back to defaults, and it should now be able to boot from usb/DVD this is a known quirk

HP Recommended

@DGroves

Hello und thank you for your answer!

I always reset the bios to the default settings after an update.

In this case I even reset it with the physical button on the system board.

Without success! 🤔

Greetings,
Martin

HP Recommended

again,....read the manual!! the 8300 allows you to set/configure a custom default bios reset configuration, if this has been set/configured then pressing the reset button or selecting bios defaults will load the custom settings instead of the factory default settings

you need to make sure you load the factory defaults and the manual tell you how to do this

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.