Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z600 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,
i have a HP z600 workstations its 650w PSU doesn't enough suitable cables to power the r9 280x

psu have

- 2x SATA and Molex (same rail)
- 1x PCI Express (direct from PSU)

how can i use adapters to power the 6pin and 8Pin of GPU and generate the required wattage for it..

Notes

i tried the Y-splitters and powered all from one molex , it works but it restarts when rendering or gaming
And want to mention that Radeon R9 280x is working very good in HP Z420 Workstation....that so weird  

thank you

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It sounds like your overloading your PSU. Please see the extract below from the HP Z600 quickspecs;

Z600 Power.JPG

The above example is based on a Quadro FX4800 graphics card which has a maximum power draw of only 146W. The Radeon R9 280x draws 250W under full load, 104W more! The highest powered card listed in the Z600 quickspecs is the Quadro 5000 which has a power draw of just 152W. Are you running with a single or dual CPU configuration and what CPU(s) are you using? i.e. the Radeon card may run stable in a single CPU/3 DIMM modules configuration but I still think you might overload the PSU.

I would recommend you look at the Z600 quickspecs for more information.

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551
HP Recommended

Thanks Brain

I am running with a dual CPU with Dual Xeon X5675

And i try GTX 1050 Ti and Run very good.

want to mention that Radeon R9 280x is working very good in HP Z420 Workstation....that so weird  

thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.