Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z210CMT
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

Hello there,

i would like to know if there is ANY solution to use ATX PSU with HP Z210

this has been discussed here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Adapter-to-mount-R...

but no solution is mentioned for

Z210CMT in particular

i read that there are adapters for Z230 and so on but i specifically need something, a solution for Z10

Can you please advice ? i have old workstation i would need to use a new PSU with

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

there is only one ebay link in all of my posts on this thread, and if you can't find it then i politely point out that you really are not looking that hard

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

your only choice is to locate a person skilled in tracing out the existing power supply leads and corectly determining the required amperage/voltages on each pin and then making a custom adapter wiring harness and possibly a small circuit board for several lines that may have non standard signals on them if the ebay link below does not work

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATX-PSU-24Pin-to-Motherboard-18Pin-Power-Supply-Cable-30cm-18AWG-for-HP-z21...

finding such a person will not be easy, and the labor to do the above will most likely not be cheap

bottom line, buy a system that does support ATX standards if you plan to modify or customize a system, in the long run it's usually the same (or lower) cost and without the hassles of having custom work done

the hp service manual for the z210 (page 158) does list the power supply pinouts, be advised that trying to use a z420/640 18 pin adapter will not work, as the z210 wiring is slightly diffrent (you may be able to rewire it to match the z210's needs)

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02787107

HP Recommended

Thank you, this puts Z210 in its own category i guess.

Might be easier for me to try and source a replacement 400w PSU i think

HP Recommended

i suspect you did not take the time to FULLY READ what i wrote,...the ebay link is for a z210 18 pin to atx 24 pin power supply adapter

go back to my original post, and fully read it

HP Recommended

What i meant above is that my ony practical resource is this, am already looking for a replacement Z210 PSU

photo_2018-12-22_20-31-19.jpg

HP Recommended

and again,...huh??? the adapter i linked to IS SPECIFICALY FOR THE Z210 AND NO OTHER MODEL,.. and fufills your posted request of allowing a standard ATX power supply to be used instead of the unique HP supply.

HP Recommended

Hello there,

which ebay link are you referring to ? i noticed a couple links from amazon mentioning they will not work with Z210

please share this again here so we may have this thread closed as well

HP Recommended

there is only one ebay link in all of my posts on this thread, and if you can't find it then i politely point out that you really are not looking that hard

HP Recommended

I did not even notice lol

it would be easier to notice if that link was placed as a solution but i only read through the first part

I guess there are 10 kind of helpful fellas in binary, those who respond with the solution and those who mention it in the end lol

thanks a lot  !!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.