Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hey Chen,

Thanks for your reply!

You last try method didn't work, task is exist in the location  ..\HP Device Manager\Gateway\.task but after setting manual gateway update and after that i need to restart by droping task because reboot is locaked in the thin clinet image. When i try from HPDM rebbot task its not going further becauae deployment task is assigned.

Now i am trying firstly update the gateway address then rebbot after the deploy image, task is in progess let's see what will happen let you know.

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Hey Chen,

I have one other question, in our thin client image  we have already installed Google chrome offline with group policy file and its version is 61 but now we need to update to latest one 66.

Is it possible to do update only that's doen't effect our existing group policy setup or do we need to install fresh?

If yes could you please guide me step to update via task ?

Thanking you !

HP Recommended

This will be similar as BIOS update:

1.  Download CHROME V66 to the C:\temp
  2.  Execute the .msi installer with silent mode - check here for reference or find your own script. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33934770/google-chrome-silent-install
  3. Remove the .msi file from c:\temp after the installation.

However, if this is controlled by GP, I would suggest to contact your IT team to upgrade the package to the  latest version.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Hey Chen,

Many thanks for the info!

HP Recommended

Hey chem,

What are the other possibilities for blocking image deployment while system became timeout even both management server firewall disabled and thin client itself firewall disabled ?

HP Recommended

I believe we have tried everything I know, it's time to escalate and ask help from some professionals.

To me, this is either a bug which we haven't capture or this is becuase of network configuration that need dive deeper into 

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.