Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pro 500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a Foxconn 2abf mobo and I would like to update my bios  from   AMI 7.16  23/3/2012  to Bios AMI 8.16 17/7/2013 in order to get  I7-3700 CPU.

Where can I get this Bios?

Thank you very much,

Canada

🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The product number does not give a direct result here
I found this it seems to match, everything is indicated

HP Pro 3400 and 3410 Microtower PC Product Specifications

no for I7-3770

[€dit]

that could help

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=B2C39UT

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello

this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

{edit]

with this just for information it could be this model

Motherboard Specifications, H-CUPERTINO2-H61-uA TX (Cupertino2)

• Socket type: LGA 1155
  • TDP: 35W up to 95W (processor dependent)
  • Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    • Core i3-2xxx/T dual core
    • Core i3-2xxx dual core
    • Core i5-2xxx quad core
    • Core i7-2xxx quad core
    • Core G5xx/T dual core
    • Core G6xx/T dual core

that probably wouldn't change for this processor

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Here is what I found:
HP pro 3400 series MT

Serial MXL221DNR

product number: B2C39UT#ABA

So what are compatible CPU'S and would I need a new bios to upgrade, say to a I7-2700K (I have AMI 7.16  23/3/2012  )
Is it possible to go to I7-3770 with this mobo?

Thanks !!
Canada

🙂

HP Recommended

The product number does not give a direct result here
I found this it seems to match, everything is indicated

no for I7-3770

[€dit]

that could help

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=B2C39UT

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

OK !!
I will go for I7-2600 (the fastest CPU for my mobo !)

Thank you very much !!

😊

HP Recommended

Hello again,

If I go with the i7-2600 would I need a cooler, in your opinion?

Thanks again,

Denis

Canada

😊

HP Recommended

Then ..
check with the link I gave you hp parts
It is likely that the one in place, does not match, or does not perform well enough, sorry, for that I can not help you I think

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Updating BIOS from within BIOS is the way to go.... safely, unless you have W7 running.  I don't trust W8 and especially W10 to upgrade BIOS from within.  HP has some of its ftp servers not configured properly.  Here are two links to get the BIOS you need, both the .exe and the .html HP ReadMe:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59262.exe
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59262.html

A link to a recent detailed method to do upgrade from within BIOS is HERE .  That was quite a waste of time for me, but hopefully you can understand it and proceed.  I checked in your manual... that option is present in your BIOS by the statement there "Flash System ROM Allows you to update the system ROM with a BIOS image file located on removable media."

Technical and Service guide:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03550748.pdf

Quick reference and parts:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03550750.pdf

What is in the unpacked SoftPaq is this:

SP59262 contents.jpg

The .ROM file above is what you want to use.  

For the HP PartSurfer access you need to put in a country first.  I used United States, then entered the model the other poster provided.  That is where the two types of CPU heatsinks/fans showed up... Note in PartSurfer listings for B2C39UT there are two Heat Sink entries, 619566-001 and 667727-001, with the second for Intel 1155 95 Watt.  That is the higher capacity one to use for your new i7-2600 processor.  I have not seen any of the higher level i7 processors listed for this business PC.... That might be as high as you can go.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Ok, I learned a few things and I'm confused (I guess the more I learn, the less I know...)

So this is my system:

If I want to upgrade from an i3-2120 to a i7-2600 do I need an updated the bios. My bios I presently have is  AMI 7.16  23/3/2012

I really appreciate the board and help,

Denis

Canada

😀

HP Recommended

Denis.... 

We keep our BIOS up to date because there are improvements including security upgrades that can come via the update.  We always update BIOS to the latest before doing a processor upgrade.  The reason is that inside BIOS updates sometimes are "microcode" updates that allow the original hardware to run a more recently released processor.  Usually the microcode updates are integrated into the BIOS upgrade, but I have seen a HP workstation microcode update that was released individually.

You can imagine keeping an old BIOS in place and then installing a newer processor that the older BIOS is not capable of recognizing or running.  It takes quite some time to figure that out, and fix.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.