Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Are you able to send task to the unit after the image deployment? Please simply cancel the task in "processing" and try send a new one like get asset information.

Since the imaging task is to refresh the OS, I assume you don't expect any setting to be kept. So cancel the post imaging process won't impact anything except a RED task record.

I'm not able to reproduce the issue in my lab, I would suggest you contact the support team and submit impact for DM R&D.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Here is an interesting thing - the client doesn't appear in HP DM after booting up in ThinPro.

So I cannot test if I can send a task to it.

I have tried contacting the support, but they told me it wasn't supported to convert OS. So that's why I asked in this forum, to see if anyone has tried it before.

HP Recommended

Can you please run  "ps ax | grep agent" to see if hpdmagent process is running on the ThinPro operating system?

Also check the discover.log in /etc/hpdmagent to see if the agent has located to the right HPDM Gateway 

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

ps ax | grep agent - seem to return no result, so the agent isn't running?

discover.log:

2017-06-19 05:04:26 INFO  ----------  Locate gateway start  ----------
2017-06-19 05:04:26 INFO  Attempting to locate the Current gateway.
2017-06-19 05:04:26 INFO  The Current gateway is not set.
2017-06-19 05:04:26 INFO  Attempting to locate the Backup gateway.
2017-06-19 05:04:26 INFO  The Backup gateway is not set.
2017-06-19 05:04:26 INFO  Attempting to locate the DHCP tag 202 gateway.

Currently we have configured the DNS record hpdm-gateway. And the client can ping this record.  Do you think it would make any change if we tried inserting into the DHCP options instead?

HP Recommended

That's weired.  Can you please try reboot the system to see if the agent will start automatically? Based on your testing, manually modify the hostname will make the task finish. I'm guessing the "REBOOT" is the key to start the agent, otherwise the task would never be finished.

I think the DNS record should work in your environment - at least after you changing the hostname.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

I tried rebooting the client, but unfortunately that didn't help. It still can't see the gateway and the service isn't running.

I don't know if the service only start if it can contact the gateway?

HP Recommended

The Agent service has to be started, then it will try to locate the HPDM Gateway.

./sbin/hpdmagent will start the DM agent manually. But again, this has to be done one by one manually.

I don't see a way to start them all automatically.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

😞 There doesn't seem to be any other way to fix this, than by saving the image to a USB and then deploy it manually to the clients - **bleep**.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.