Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
DS-MG521-AA

Hello,

I'm looking for the user manual for the "HP/Compaq DS-MG521-AA", I've looked everywhere (even on the HPE site!) and have not been able to locate a copy. I was hoping someone could either point me in the right location or perhaps be able to dig a copy of it out?

I've tried asking the live chat on the HPE website, only to be sent to this one (HP) with the agent stating that this query (even though it is enterprise related) was nothing to do with the enterprise side of HP!!!

Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

describing what a "DS-MG521-AA " actually is might increase your chance of a useful answer as it is i'm guessing you are talking about

the HP Compaq M 5214 StorageWorks,.... is available various drive capacities, and is a fibre channel multi bay hard drive enclosure

there are SATA to FC adapter modules which allow you to run normal SATA drives in this enclosure one common one is the 

Emulex EMC SATA to FC Fibre Channel Conversion Adapter Interposer 250-135-900D

HP Recommended

Hi, @Eyovin 

This is the only manual I could find for the device...Hp/Compaq StorageWorks M5314

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00407576.pdf

HP Recommended

Many thanks, Paul_Tikkanen!

That document is a good starting point for me, it's just a little strange there's no more documentation regarding the device anywhere.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You may get someone on the HP enterprise support forum to be able to help you better than I could.

HP split into two companies a few years ago, and the device in question is really a HP Enterprise - supported product.

HP supports PC's, printers, tablets and calculators.

HP Enterprise (HPE) supports servers, switches, router, storage devices.

I suggest that you post your question in this section of the HP Enterprise support forum...MSA Storage

https://community.hpe.com/t5/msa-storage/bd-p/bsc-257#.X2Sx_T-Sm9I

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.