Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
TC430
Linux

I am trying to send an image to my TC430s via HPDM.  I need to use the Cache option since these are using WiFi to connect to the network.  Problem is that I get the following errors:

2020-06-09 21:34:29 ErrorCode: 1067008, Error Info: ../../CachedUpdates/ImageTaskFile.cpp@518: Failed to check the space. 2020-06-09 21:34:29 ../../Task/linux/ImageTask_Thinpro.cpp@1396: Memory is not enough for cached image operation.

How do I go about using the disk to store the cached image rather than memory?  

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This function is supported by the 4.7.12 agent.  So please make sure you have agent version 4.7.3674.36390 on target units.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, both disk and memory are required to perform cached imaging.  The reason can be explained by describing the process of cached imaging:

1. Download the image file on to the disk. 

2. Reboot the OS to an imaging mode. 

3. Load the image file to memory.

4. Format and write the image to disk. (the disk is to be overwritten, so we have to hold the image file in memory.)

The good news is starting 4.7.12 and 5.0.1, ThinPro7 imaging can be deployed over a wireless network without cached mode.  So I hope you have ThinPro 7.x on your t430.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.

I am on 4.7.12 and I do have ThinPro 7, but I can not update an image wirelessly.  I can update the image if the TC is connected via Ethernet.  I have a case open with HP support number 5048607669, but have had no luck resolving the issue.

This is the error that I get.

2020-06-03 13:02:38 [Error code: 1074176] [Module: Agent] [Category: Unsupported task]

2020-06-03 13:02:38 [Error Details]: Deploy image using repository Master Repository. Failed to download TP71_SP34.dd.gz from /Repository/Images/TP71_SP34_1. Failed to execute DeployImage task. ErrorCode: 1074176, Error Info: ../../Task/linux/ImageTask_ThinPro6.cpp@387: Image metheod does not support. ../../Task/linux/ImageTask_ThinPro6.cpp@152: Wireless network does not support no-preload image.

I was hoping to use a USB drive to store the image and then to use the USB drive's image to install to the TC.  I know I can make a bootable image here and then send them to my home users, I was just hoping to do this over the air to avoid all of the USB drive creating and shipping that I would need to do.

HP Recommended

This function is supported by the 4.7.12 agent.  So please make sure you have agent version 4.7.3674.36390 on target units.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

That did it.  Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.