Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

You don't know how to download a *.cab file!

Click on the 3 points and ...

extract that file and run the update from device manager

HP Recommended

There is no possibility to extract the file

ExperTronics_0-1634204935609.png

ExperTronics_1-1634205018437.png

Piet

HP Recommended

Learning by doing!

Ask Google how to extract cab-files

HP Recommended

Yes, I found it..

My system shows the following information and still still no support for DirectX 12

ExperTronics_0-1634212534115.png

Piet

HP Recommended

Hello
I was ready to answer yesterday, but when in doubt, I preferred to wait!
From what I had found, and already said, for me if your graphics card is not fully compatible, what the NVidia link seemed to show
What is indicated in the warning, microsoft, the result with your other graphics card seems to confirm
You can install as many drivers as possible, if the card is not compatible, it will not change anything
I tried to search for a list, but it seems way too big for the result!

apart from an nvidia link but fr, there is a short list

https://www.nvidia.com/fr-fr/geforce/technologies/directx-12-ultimate/

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I just mentioned that WIN 11 is running fine with that driver. Nothing else!

HP Recommended

@ExperTronics wrote:

How to active DirectX 12 on Nvidia Quadro k2200

that is the question

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

the k2200 card is a directX 11.2 card it is not a directX 12 compatible card

both the OS and the video card hardware must support the same (or lower) revision of directX for it to work correctly

directX Level support is a hardware configuration that is determined when the card/gpu chip is designed and can not be upgraded via software/drivers to support Dx12 again just to be clear, this is a HARDWARE LIMITATION ON THE VIDEO CARD, changing video drivers will not add new hardware features

• DirectX 11.1 is included in Windows 8. It supports WDDM 1.2 for increased performance, features improved integration of Direct2D (now at version 1.1), Direct3D, and DirectCompute, and includes DirectXMath, XAudio2, and XInput libraries from the XNA framework. It also features stereoscopic 3D support for gaming and video.[33] DirectX 11.1 was also partially backported to Windows 7, via the Windows 7 platform update.[34][35]
  • DirectX 11.2 is included in Windows 8.1 (including the RT version) and Windows Server 2012 R2.[36] It added some new features to Direct2D like geometry realizations.[37] It also added swap chain composition, which allows some elements of the scene to be rendered at lower resolutions and then composited via hardware overlay with other parts rendered at higher resolution.[38]
  • DirectX 11.X is a superset of DirectX 11.2 running on the Xbox One.[39] It actually includes some features, such as draw bundles, that were later announced as part of DirectX 12.[40]
  • DirectX 11.3 was announced along with DirectX 12 at GDC and released in 2015. It is meant to complement DirectX 12 as a higher-level alternative.[41] It is included with Windows 10.[36]
HP Recommended

@DGroves wrote:

the k2200 card is a directX 11.2 card it is not a directX 12 compatible card

both the OS and the video card hardware must support the same (or lower) revision of directX for it to work correctly

directX Level support is a hardware configuration that is determined when the card/gpu chip is designed and can not be upgraded via software/drivers to support Dx12 again just to be clear, this is a HARDWARE LIMITATION ON THE VIDEO CARD, changing video drivers will not add new hardware features

Great @DGroves 
but what does it mean for us to repeat what I have already indicated several times here ...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/DirectX-12/td-p/81...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.