Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Small Form Factor PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF. It has 2 DisplayPorts and 1 VGA. As such I am using it to drive 3 monitors.

I read that the DisplayPorts on this desktop support multi-stream. So I am wondering if I buy a multi-stream splitter, can I use it to drive 4 monitors: 1 VBA, 1 DisplayPort, and 2 using a splitter on the 2nd DisplayPort?

I am talking about using an adapter like this: https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-DisplayPort-Multi-Monitor-Splitter/dp/B00XXPYGPO/ref=sr_1_1_sspa....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

A quick Google search seems to indicate only 3 displays are supported which I guess surprises me for an i7.  If anyone has more knowledge about this, please reply.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If the splitter adds a fourth independent display, you would want to check if your CPU/chipset supports four displays.

HP Recommended

How/where would I check that? I have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700@ 3.40GHz and an Intel HD Graphics 530.

HP Recommended

A quick Google search seems to indicate only 3 displays are supported which I guess surprises me for an i7.  If anyone has more knowledge about this, please reply.

HP Recommended

Oh. Dang it. Thanks for the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.