Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I got the following three drivers or extensions installed via windows update:

HP Inc. - Extension - 11/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 1.6.856.0
HP Inc. - Extension - 10/2/2018 12:00:00 AM - 1.5.750.0
HP Inc. - System - 4/6/2018 12:00:00 AM - 1.1.377.0

Is there a list somewhere where I can see what the things are for?

Thank you very much!

Martin

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Steps to check installed updates in Windows 10:

Step 1: Open Control Panel.

Step 2: Type update in the top-right search box, and choose View installed updates from the result.

After these procedures, you can see the updates currently installed in the computer.

HP Recommended

Hi DGroves,

thank you for your answer!
I am aware of this, but it does not provide any information about the installed extensions or drivers.

Am i really the only one who would at least like to know what will be installed automatically?

Thanks and greetings,
Martin

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

It would be nice if there was an official info from HP.

HP Recommended

hp cannot always be informed by Microsoft (divisions) what MS has chosen... same goes for the other way MS cannot always get information from a OEM and just how would MS/HP correlate this information? what you are asking would be a major undertaking for little to no real benefit

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.