Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP t410 Smart Zero client
Other

Does anyone could help on this ? 

When im trying to update Agent for Thin Client , getting this error :

image.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

What's the HPDM version? What's the file transfer protocol you're using?

What's the image version on your Thin Client?

After configuring the repository, are you able to run the "Test" within the repository configuration dialog?

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt response!

HPDM version is 4.7, im using Shared folder Repository for file transfers. Repository test results are successful. 

By the way the update for Agent works for HP ThinPro 5 devices T520. So,the issue is currently only  for HP Smart Zero Core devices.. Current Zero core client OS version is Z6A44019 , OS Kernel Version: 2.6.37-atlas.

HP Recommended

ThinPro 5 works means you don't have any issue on Repository Configuration part.

Then I would guess the failure caused by the old Smart Zero Core Agent doesn't support/compatable with the SMB protocol.

May I have the Smart Zero Core agent version to see if I could reproduce in my environment? 

Can you please also try updating DM Agent with FTP protocol for troubleshooting propuse? 

Just FYI: long term ago HPDM only support FTP protocol. SMB, SFTP and HTTPS are added version by version. 

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Yes, no issues currently in communication between ThinPro 5 and HPDM Repository. 

Current Smart Zero Core Agent version is 4.5.3667.18318.

The Agent update results when Protocol for Repository is set to FTP:

FTP protocolFTP protocolTask viewTask view

HP Recommended

This sounds strange to me, could you please check if hpdmagent.hpk exist on the Master Repository? \Repository\Agents\HPThinProZero ?

Also could you please try accessing locally from Thin Client side to see if there is any network issue?

I am an HPI Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.