Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Britlord,

I'm not entirely sure on that one,  but if the Radeon HD 6950 iss know to be working, the problem may be remnants of the 1080 Ti driver conflicitng with the HD 6950 drover  Cosnider unistalling the 1070 Ti driver, running a driver cleaner, and doing a clean install of the 6950 driver.

BambiBoomZ

HP Recommended

Guys.. I have make the HP GTX power cables (2 of them), so I can use the card in my Dell T5500 (I'm giving it to my wife). However, the Radeon HD 6950 (PCI-Express 2.0 x16) is not working the HP Omen...  Both 6-pin connectors are fitted and there's power to the card.. But no video output. I don't know why.. Because I did read that a PCI-Express 2.0 x16 video card will work in a PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slot.. Any ideas.. You see that card was in my Dell T5500 and is working (I had 2 of them inside)...

HP Recommended

I meant that I'm giving the HP Omen to my wife.. Not the Dell T5500..

HP Recommended

Guys I was able to get a Geforce 4GB running in my HP Omen, so I'll give that to my wife, as for my Dell T5500.. I have changed the power supply to a T7500 one since it's a 1100 watt one, and it just fits in with a bit of room to spare, as for the 2 6-pin GPU cables I have made them both with 6 +2 pin connecters (For the HP GTX 1080 TI 11GB card, as you can see I didn't use any adapters..  

HP Recommended

oops I didn't get to finnish. My Dell has (2) 6-core 3.46GHz processors, and 48GB ram.. A dual PIC-E SSD card adapter with one 500GB ssd (It's a Msata in a 2.5" case. the other is the same, but only 256GB.. The big sshd drive is a whopping 4TB in size.. and of corse the HP 1080 TI graphics card, so do I have a great gaming computer or not.. Oh, the last thing to buy is a PCI-X USB 3.0 CARD with 2 ports (Will cost me $55)....Dell T5500 (1).JPGDell T5500 (2).JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.