Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
23H62EA
Linux

Hello, HP 405 G6 DM (23H62EA) is unable to boot from my Linux drive. saying (3F0) BootDevice Not Found

Drive pass the diagnostic tests. Other Linux boots OK from USB.

I think problem may (may not) be EFI  (i do not know how to disable in BIOS 2.2.0.0 configuration). Secure boot and fast boot is already disabled. "UEFI with CSM" usually means mixed mode in which both native (UEFI) and CSM-based (BIOS) boot is av.... I do not see CSM option in BIOS either. Can you please tell me what to try?

Other HP computer BIOS shows the legacy option as per the images, but i do not see it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I am not happy with HP support.

No reply to this topic

No e-mail contact for czech support, only phone (english support refuse to help me)

After spending alot of time this issue was fixed by installing new Linux system (must have UEFI(EFI) support and possibly GPT partition scheme. Then copy over the data - can use SSH and rsync on Linux. There is possibility to convert the Legacy, MBR drive, but this is significantly complicated.

HP Recommended

Hey, this is rather unrelated but I can see you're using Linux on HP 405 G6. I just installed Ubuntu and having troubles getting network to work reliably. I've described the problem in detail at https://www.abclinuxu.cz/poradna/linux/show/466598 [Slovak]. I was wondering if you have any recommendation for me I could try. Thanks, jose

HP Recommended

Ok, just ignore this. The network adapter issue went away with a kernel upgrade to 5.12-rc6.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.