Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HPT620/HPT630
Other

After manually disabling SMB1 protocols on some Thin Clients using registry changes I  am no longer able to deploy images to them.

I have upgraded to HPDM 5 as I thought that would support SMB2 but I am still having deployment issues.

Devices with SMB1 still enabled are fine.

I am getting the ErrorCode: 1068032

It seems to be ignoring SMB and trying FTP. Please note that I currently do not have FTP setup as a protocol, only HTTPS and SMB2 on the server side.

I would appreciate any advice you could offer. Thank you. DH.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there, 

Thanks for your reply. We had to turn off SMB1 due to security concerns but I have now managed to get around the issue by setting up S/FTP as a communication protocol.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi DH, 

if you are on Windows thin clients, SMB is required to deploy an image by Windows.  If you have enough free space on storage you can try cached imaging which allows the thin clients to download the whole image with any protocol and then write to the flash.  

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
HP Recommended

Hi there, 

Thanks for your reply. We had to turn off SMB1 due to security concerns but I have now managed to get around the issue by setting up S/FTP as a communication protocol.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.