Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite Desk 800 G2 Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Elite Desk 800 G2 Mini

Hello members my mini G2 boots up but all the usb ports stopped working, so mouse & key board not working and i cant check any thing.. help me...

mdharan

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

remove all connected usb devices reboot, now connect just the mouse into a different usb port, does windows detect it?

have you connected any new devices just before this happened?

Go into the device manager and check if any devices shown have a yellow "!" or a red "X"

if so are they labeled with USB in the device name

you might want to back up data and do a system restore, i have seen corrupted windows where only a restore or reinstall of the OS fixed this issue

if the above fails you may have a failed motherboard.................. IE- dead usb controller

HP Recommended

Thank you... First of all the model is HP Prodesk 600 G2 DM Business PC...

No USB ports work for the mouse & keyboard, i tried all the ports one by one. The system opens home page but nothing happens when connected to USB drive or mouse.

earlier it worked,  i used it as HTPC and frequently connecting different external hard disks & only one USB 3.0 front port was not working. If motherboard is the problem, what is the motherboard model ?

Please help me..

Murali 

HP Recommended

did you follow my directions to power off, remove ALL usb connections then power back on and then insert just the mouse INTO A DIFFERENT USB PORT . the sequence of steps is very important

if you did this and still no result you can try installing a USB card (pci-e x1 low profile)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-3-0-Dual-Port-2x-PCIe-Low-Profile-Expension-Card-Dell-P-N-0FWGJ8-FWGJ8/...

if the card works, then you need to check device manager for a non working usb port, or do a system restore to see if this fixes the onboard usb ports

HP Recommended

Thank you,  I tried as you said... no use. I have handed over the unit to HP service center to see the trouble. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.