Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi

I'm wondering if someone can help me. I need drivers for an HP Thin Client T610 that runs Windows Embedded Standard 7, but HP's website suddenly only lists drivers for Linux. Is the website glitching, or do they no longer offer drivers for my system?

Help please!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

It's very convoluted regarding what you have to do...

Here is a screenshot of the W7E 32 bit drivers.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1656711506713.png

Go to the support page.

Select Linux from the left side.

Then on the right side, select either option.  I selected the first one (HP Smart Client) for the sake of simplicity.

Then if you look at my screenshot, when you are on the Smart Client page, select the blue 'Choose a different OS' link next to the Selected operating system line.

Then you get a pop-up window.

Now on the left side of the window you can select Windows from the drop-down list and on the right, you can select W7E 32 bit.

How was that for a brain teaser?  😊

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

It's very convoluted regarding what you have to do...

Here is a screenshot of the W7E 32 bit drivers.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1656711506713.png

Go to the support page.

Select Linux from the left side.

Then on the right side, select either option.  I selected the first one (HP Smart Client) for the sake of simplicity.

Then if you look at my screenshot, when you are on the Smart Client page, select the blue 'Choose a different OS' link next to the Selected operating system line.

Then you get a pop-up window.

Now on the left side of the window you can select Windows from the drop-down list and on the right, you can select W7E 32 bit.

How was that for a brain teaser?  😊

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! I wonder why they made it so hard, it used to be so easy to find drivers.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

No doubt someone at HP thought it was a great idea.  Change things up.

If so, I think they are in the wrong line of work and would probably find more job satisfaction in a job creating mazes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.