cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
drejtori69
Level 2
22 17 0 4
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Z230 Intel 5th gen BroadWell Support

HP Recommended
HP Z230 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

The HP Z230 has official support for 4th gen Haswell CPUs. The C226 Chipset of HP Z230 has official support for 5th gen Broadwell CPUs. However in the official HP documentation for Z230 there is no support for Broadwell. Has anybody more info about this topic or has anyone tried to install a 5th gen CPU in HP Z230.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
DGroves
Level 11
4,762 4,041 449 925
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

just because the chipset has support does not mean the cpu will work, as other things such as bios microcode must also have the necessary 5 gen cpu support which HP has not and will not be including

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
drejtori69
Author
Level 2
22 17 0 4
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanx DGroves for joining the topic. I agree with you about the microcode support. But sometimes components that are not on the spec list could work. For example the Z230 does not have support for i7-4790k but I have one, on my HP Z230. Of course broadwell support it's different because its another gen but i was thinking maybe it works. Maybe somebody have tried it.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation