Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z240 Tower Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i bought one refurbised HP Workstation Z240 with locked BIOS system.

We can't boot or installed another system.

Can you please help us to unlock the BIOS.

Best Regards,

Comstrok

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Ever wonder why HP still puts PS/2 mouse and keyboard ports on their high end workstations?  HP sells a lot of computers to "three letter" government agencies that put thick epoxy  into all the USB ports to keep thumb drives from walking away with data.  I'm not sure if you can ever unlock some hard drives but you can unlock your locked workstation.

To do this you need to get into the workstation's motherboard area, and there is a jumper to temporarily move in the process.  I'm sure the government agencies have physical locks installed to prevent access inside... this is not a secret.  Go to your technical/service manual  HERE .

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04897695

See p. 38 and p. 82.

HP Recommended

Thank you for reply.

I already try this but without success because stringer security mode is on. I think that I need master key or something like that??

Best regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.