Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z640 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Hp Z640 workstion won't turn on when I have attached the Power supply with the motherboard the fan of the PSU is stopped spinning and no power in the board I have changed the motherboard but same problem I can not identify the which one is fault  the PSU or the motherboard .Plzzzzz help me

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Download the HP technical and service manual for the Z440/Z640/Z840.... easy to find via google.  Look in there for "BIST" and power supply section.  BIST = Built In Self Test, for the power supply.

Used power supplies for these have come down in price quite a lot..... new via HP is wonderful if your company is paying for it.  Power supplies do rarely go bad with these symptoms, and used ones even more rarely are bad when they arrive (never for me, and never for anyone I know).  They are much easier to swap in than a motherboard.  I'd buy one as your next step to test with.

HP Recommended

actually I have replaced the motherboard with a new motherboard but same happens thats the reason I have dought on the PSU

Is there any method to check the PSU ???

HP Recommended

Spoon Feeding.jpg

HP Recommended

is there any engineer of HP only 

engineer can solve my problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.