Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi DGroves,

I must be an idiot but even with all your help, I've not been able to boot on key and nvme...

I think it's beyond my capacities. At a moment I was not able to boot at all. I put out the boot key and the picture came back (ouf)

If you know someone in France who is able...I take !

I would like to thank you anyway.

Best regards

Jean-Marc

HP Recommended

since you have provide ABSOLUTELY no information on" how" you are trying to do something and what part is giving you a problem on your z820 i can give no help...........

HP Recommended

Hi DGroves

be sure that i appreciate your help

as soon as i fins time i will de scribe exactly the  problems and take photos

thanks again

HP Recommended

PM (emailme) through this forum, and i can either walk you through the usb key creation or provide other options

HP Recommended

Hi DGroves,

As a little miracle, I was able to succeed with your help !

I made a new installation of windows and I was able to realize that SSD nvme is really faster than SSD.

Some residual problems persist:

It's really best to begin with such improvment before making installation of many applications that you have to do again

I have not localize yet USB motherboard header, probably I have to buy a link cable ?

Ans some little other problems I will try to solve

My biggest threatening was about my large double (raid) classic HDD 2X18to. Is the new installation will consider the two HDD as raid or I will have to recompose raid ?

At that time I go back to classic boot to prepare a real transition but I was so happy to succeed !

Many, many thanks

Jean-Marc

nb: where is it possible to email through this forum ?

HP Recommended

have not localize yet USB motherboard header, probably I have to buy a link cable ?

yes, the motherboard has a single usb header and you will need this type cable to use it the HP one is hard to find, below is a generic replacement (note the proper orientation/connection is up to you on adapter cable red wire is +5 black is gnd)

Workstation internal USB1, P27 along bottom edge by yellow connector

1 +5 (power red wire connects here)

2 USB6 - data line

3 USB6 + data line

4 GND thin black wire

5 Key (no pin)  optional, sometimes used as case ground with thick black wire

HP Internal USB Port Cable Connector  MFR #EM165AA

hard to find use generic one listed below

https://www.amazon.com/Duttek-2-Pack-Female-Dupont-Motherboard/dp/B06Y5KZC9W/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&key...

if you use a internal usb connection, make sure the adapter/usb key has no exposed metal parts as this will possibly damage the motherboard!

large double (raid) classic HDD 2X18to. Is the new installation will consider the two HDD as raid or I will have to recompose raid ?

no, as long as the drives are connected to the same/same type controller the array will be readable just make sure not to swap drives or drive ports

where is it possible to email through this forum ?

Look for the envelope icon, on top right

HP Recommended

Hi DGROVES, I would like to give you last news about my SSD NVME M2 experience:

- I had to make a total new installation of all my apps, it was effectively impossible to use clonage

- the power on of the pc is not faster but after it seems to me that all my aps are speed up

- I'm not able to evaluate the performance of the new installation: at one time i obtained 9.2 but now it's 0,0...

- I've some hesitation about anti-viral application (bitdefender) : i'm not sure about the obligation to make a new installation (and pay again)

- for two applications it was not possible to make a new installation with the code number ( they consider the obligation for a new buying): INPIXIO and WONDERSHARE UNICONVERTER...

Thank you again anyway

Best regards

Jean-Marc

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.