Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z620 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When running the HP performance Advisor 2.1.3103.0 the applications start and when getting to the part Interrogating system or checking for supported platform. the workstation reboots and after reboot the software is gone...

i checked the eventvwr but cant find any information there about the crash/reboot

does anyone else have this problem ?

37 REPLIES 37
HP Recommended

uninstall the current version, reboot then download the latest for workstations again from HP

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/performance-advisor.html

HP Recommended

i installed that version already as it was a clean install of windows 10 

HP Recommended

Maurizio_NL,

That is a puzzle.  One possibilty is that the firewall, anti-malware , and/or antivirus software is treating HP Performance Advisor as dangerous software because it is enabled to have access to fundnamental controls and thereby make changes to the system.

I should first mention that I am using Windows 7, so some of the following may have different controls and procedures in Windows 10.

1.  Consider adding  HP Performance Advisor to mal-ware and virus scanning exclusions  plus allowing it in Windows firewall.  Note that some antivirus software transfers the firewall functions from Windows to itself.

2.  Also, given that the entire configuration is new, consider checking the security permissions to make certain that you have permissions for access and full control. 

_A._ Consider streamlining the startup list to only important programs and services.  and

_B._ Try running HPPA without any other software running, inlcuding unpinning programs from the taskbar.  I had a situation in which a program in the startup list was causing at random times a 100% load on one core  (Xeon E5-1680 v2/Windows 7) If I tried to start a large program too soon after starting, the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (overclocks the CPU) would reset -crash- the system which would reboot with XTU reverted to inactive and the settings lost. 

After turning off almost every startup item except the MS essential ones, the system has not had this problem.  With reduced startup items and no taskbar programs, the startup time and single-thread performnace  improved noticeably.  Take exteme care though when disabling items in the services list.

Let us know what happens.

BambiBoomZ

HP Recommended

the thing is it was a clean install and its an isolated machine so i dont have any need for antvirus (not installed)and firewall(disabled) software. also have uac disabled

i did try running HP support Assistant wich works without a problem and al my drivers are up te date.

i will check if disabling startup processes work 

HP Recommended

I have the exact problem on an Z620 workstation. Just installed the latest Windows 10 and when i run the Advisor it hangs completely the machine and when i restart it the software is gone.. 

There is no antivirus except the microsoft one

HP Recommended

are you installing the latest advisor for workstations or trying to use the consumer version?

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/performance-advisor.html

uninstall the one you have and use the one linked to above

HP Recommended

Yes. I've downloaded that version.

I came in that page from here

https://support.hp.com/it-it/drivers/selfservice/hp-z620-workstation/5225037

HP Recommended

glad i'm not the only one with this issue...

HP Recommended

Same problem with my Z420.

Clean install  (12-4-18) of win 10 pro (version 10.0. 17134) Let all the updates load. Latest bios (03.94) , firmware and chipset.

Runing  an E5-2665 with 32 GB ram and a Firepro V gpu. Only virus app running is the default win 10 security. Advisor locks up pretty early as it starts to gather info about the system. Mouse and keyboard locked. ctrl-alt-del not available. Have to power down. And as mentioned the app no longer shows in Control Panel/programs and features. The folder it was installed into still exists with all the files. Deleted and reinstalled the current version of advisor a couple times with no difference 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.