Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-22-2015 09:57 AM
We recently purchased some t520 Thin Clients and are unable to shadown them using the HPDM 4.6 SP4. We shadown t510, 5740, and 5730 devices regularly. With the t520 devices, the task starts, sends, processes and finishes, however the shadow session never opens.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-22-2015 02:10 PM
Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support Forum
It looks like you are facing difficulties with regards to Shadow Task under HP Device Manager
1. Shadow task uses the built in VNC Server of the HP Device Manager Software
2. If you have installed a separate VNC Software on the HPDM Server, there could be a conflict
3. Also please check under "services.msc" to find out how many VNC services are running simultaneously
4. If you find multiple VNC services please disable those which is not required
5. Please goto Add / Remove programs & uninstall the VNC Viewer Software which is separately installed
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
K N R K
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
06-22-2015 04:16 PM
Thanks for the response!
We do not have VNC installed, and shadowing t510 thin clients still works great, so I don't think it is a problem with VNC. I did check the services, and I did not see any VNC services running.
Is anyone else able to shadow the Windows 7E t520 thin clients using HPDM 4.6 SP4?
06-23-2015 06:14 AM
Yes, I have tried 'Reverse Shadow' and it also does not work with the t520 devices. The Reverse Shadow starts a manual task, changes color from yellow (sending) to blue (processing) then to green (finished), but the shadow session never opens.
I've tried both shadow and reverse shadown on the t510, t5730, and t5740 devices and it goes through the same colors and does open the shadown session. All of the devices that work are running embedded XP. The t520 devices are the first devices we've had running embedded windows 7.